Here's LadyRaven from Add to Taste with something amazing, just for you. Take it away!
I have been hosting guest posts for 4 weeks and I get endless joy from them. I cannot explain the joy of asking someone for a post and them agreeing to do one. So when polkadotcupcake asked for people to volunteer for guest posts while she is away, I jumped at the chance to "pay it forward"
I looked at what I had planned and what I had done and not posted, then considered the weather and some other things, then I remembered how much polkadotcupcake loves improvising in the kitchen and I had my winning dish.
I love going to the shop with the intention of buying "something" to make for lunch then coming home and throwing together a meal. I love it even more when the meal turns out to be delicious too and that is what happened with this dish.
My partner and I were busy baking the whole day and the idea of eating something sweet didn’t fly well with us. At the shop we picked up a beautiful piece of shin, some mushrooms and dill and created a creamy pasta dish to warm our bellies, cleanse our palates and give us the strength we needed to ice the "dead hello kitty" cake.
What you need:
1 shin steak (or any other cut you like)
1 punnet of mushrooms (chopped)
fresh dill (to taste)
1 tsp smoked paprika
50ml of cream or 1 tin evaporated milk
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Pasta of choice
What to do:
- Season the meat and grill on a high heat to your preferred level of "doneness". Set it aside. Set the pasta to cook to al dente. Do not drain it.
- In a pan, sauté the onions until they start to brown then add the paprika and the mushrooms.
- While the mushrooms are cooking slice up the meat and when the mushrooms are cooked, add it to the pan.
- Pour in the cream/evaporated milk and let it simmer for a minute or 2 and then add the dill. Let it simmer for another minute.
- Add the cooked past to the pan insuring that a bit of the cooking water goes in with it. Stir a few times and take it off the heat.
- Serve garnished with a sprig of dill, and enjoy!