Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Guest Post: Ashleigh with Sticky Chicken Wings


Hi! As I have mentioned, while I'm away on holiday, some of my lovely blog and twitter friends have offered to guest post for me! Blown away by this amazing offer, I've given them pretty much free reign to write what they like, and just LOOK at what they've come up with! 

Here's Ashleigh (my real life and twitter friend) with something amazing, just for you. Take it away!
When I offered to write an article for this blog I hadn’t quite thought it through. You see, I’m an on-the-go kinda girl. As much as I love cooking, I just don’t have the time. Being a young professional is hard work, especially when your social life is so packed that you have 5 minutes to change, touch up makeup and prepare drinks and snacks!
 
Luckily for me, I live in a giant house with lots of inspiration for quick, delicious meals, especially quick meals for lots of people. And I entertain a LOT of people. One of my housemates, Anya Klaasen, is from the United States and she introduced my friends and I to the most delicious chicken wings ever made in the comfort of one’s home. And the best part? They were CHEAP to make, and I didn’t have to spend time in the kitchen checking on dinner while my friends drank wine in the courtyard!
 
These babies only take 10 minutes to prepare, and you only dirty 3 dishes the whole time: bowl, spoon, baking tray. Sounds like a dream, yes?


Sticky Chicken Wings
 
Ingredients:

 
3 packs chicken wings (around 26 wings)
6 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons BBQ spice
6 tablespoons Paprika
2 tablespoons origanum
Red wine vinegar to make a paste
 
Method:

  1. Put the oven on grill.
  2. Mix the spices and sugar in a bowl. Add enough red wine vinegar to make a paste.
  3. Rub the paste into each chicken wing and place it upside down on a baking tray.
  4. Once you’ve done all of them, put in the oven for 15 min.
  5. Take the wings out, turn them over, and baste them with any leftover paste. Put them back for 20 min.
Serve as snacks or as a meal with salad.

Thanks Anya for such an easy recipe! We ended up serving them as a main dish with salad on the side. I love cooking elaborate meals on weekends, but during the week I rock the 10-minute-meal.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Chicken wings are one of my favourite picnik/snack foods to prepare!

    I like mine with LOTS of garlic and lemon juice. Delish.

    ReplyDelete

The only thing I love more than cooking and eating, is hearing from you, my lovely readers! So feel free to comment away, just keep it tidy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...